What affects how long nicotine is in your system?
On average it takes 4 days for Nicotine to leave your bloodstream, saliva and urine. But there are many factors that affect how long it takes from number of cigarettes smoked to your age and your hormones..
Key factors affecting how long nicotine stays in your system
- Amount of cigarettes smoked or chewed
- Type of tobacco (smoking clears slower than chewing)
- Genetic make-up
- Age (If over 65 then metabolism is 23% slower than young people)
- Hormones (Estrogen in women helps them to process nicotine faster)
- Liver function
- Medications you are taking